Friday, October 2, 2015

A Direct Correlation


no...you can't go through life
full of smiles and blossoming optimism
but with spell check
I am learning more than I ever did in school
 
when the world is ugly
and it is posted over and over again
all over the internet with a million pieces of odd opinion
and I have to like...
delete, delete don't even post that
step away from the keyboard
because
really your closest friends
your family members who grew up in the same house
have this bizarre opinion that either
attacks you at 20 wpm
or rolls their eyes like 'not again'
you can feel it
 
boiling slowly
growing like mold in the corner
running like the cockroach when the light comes on
as you bang your head
squish, squish and squish
I need to stop looking at the internet
I need to stop listening
to idiots who think they should run the country
I need to stop saying I am
from mars
and they're coming back to get me
real soon...I hope.
 
I have the power
to save my sanity and yet I still look.
 
barb


No comments:

Post a Comment