Sunday, October 11, 2015

What is a Dream!



That isn't a question because a lucid dreamer instinctively comprehends
it is more a declaratory statement
but I am going to take you on a journey
of my brain in Technicolor
slipping into that deep rim sleep cycle your brain gets bored
it doesn't have to do anything except
breath and pump blood
so it fixes a drink, whisky on the rocks,
lights a smoke and starts flipping through the stored images
because without a tongue
it must talk to you in little images
so it creates little books of colorful quirky images
thinking seriously about that question or issue that you left
sitting in the "In" box
the dream starts to form until the brain
is happy and believes you are darn sure smart enough
to understand the answer
Ah, but it usually doesn't work that easily
so the dream is repeated sometimes nightly and sometimes
occasionally
Until you comprehend the images
then your brain goes back to the In Box and picks
up the next problem.
There just isn't any rest for the brain.
 
I have written down my dreams
I have done dream cards which are images and poems
I have been puzzled by the dreams
I have studied them like hieroglyphics on the tomb wall
a giant jigsaw puzzle missing pieces
The answer...the answer
is right there in your brain with flashcards.
 
 
barb
 


No comments:

Post a Comment