Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Empaths Can Not Kill


Nor can we comprehend
   the simplicity of the human who can
We don't get anger so great
   that they end the light of another
Or adrenaline that is like great sex
   where you can look into the eyes
Of another creature, large or small
   and extinguish that life.
 
I understand the outrage of Cecil
but what about all the animals across the planet
that are mistreated, abused
and killed...
are vegetarians just empaths
who can't eat a cheeseburger without feeling?
I don't judge others
oh yes I do
I spent 40 years with a family
that shoots and hunts and fishes and whatever
and here I was a girl who couldn't hook
a worm because it would cause pain
it is I who is out of sync
who cringes at the thought of needless
killing...screw the
'we do it to eat crap' - eat an apple
Release the animals
before the series "Zoo" becomes reality
maybe the Raptors were killed off
way too early
for man does not fear even himself
and yet we are outraged
when man kills man.
oh well...I think I'll go back to worrying
about men wanting to keep
me pregnant, stupid and in the kitchen.
some days I don't like
men...not one bit.
 
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment