Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Don't Do Tattoos

Don't do tattoos
I grew up in the military
where anchors and other things
were always
on the arms of friends
of my fathers
but I didn't really give much thought
at all to tattoos
until it became more than
sailors and motorcycle riders
and I think the ink
today
is very, very good
in fact
some of them are so good
that you are impressed beyond words
but
I had enough trouble
getting my ears pierced
in one of those mall stalls with
the zillions of earrings
and the gum smacking
tattooed girl with the big gun
that took pain
to a level of 'what the f*ck
I am good with just one ear done
really I am'
so you can imagine
without further ado
how far a man with a needle
would get
before I would flee naked
and screaming
in pain.
There's nothing you could write
upon any part of me
that would make
the pain bearable or even the
thought tolerable
nope...I don't do tattoos.
Not now
Not ever Not going to do
Tattoos.
[but he does have a nice ass don't you think?]
 
barb
 

No comments:

Post a Comment