Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Writing Is Not a Straight Line

 
My new book is the sequel to John Ellery's Daughters
and it was a slow start as I tried to write
something else but eventually just dove into the second book
but at about 100 pages I took a minor
character and made him a major character
so I went back to the beginning of the story and started
forming this character
so that when he crosses paths with the sisters
it is richer.
 
I am at page 188 with getting the story down
but the rewrite will probably gut the problems that slow
down the story and put in far more detail
where it needs it.
 
Writing is a strange experience unlike my off the cuff
poetry/prose that I never revise
writing a story comes from a place where my
feelings live freely and love
to be turned into stories I shall never live except
in my mind.
 
So if you are waiting for Book II of the Ellery Daughters
have patience for I am writing...
 
barb


No comments:

Post a Comment