Friday, February 27, 2015

Good Morning America - How Are You?

A winter storm
came through the city last night
leaving behind a winter wonderland and
making the apricot tree
use foul language
as it tried to retract its little flower buds.
 
My kiln is ramping up
which means I turned it on and
it is climbing up to 950 degrees which is the
temperature that my glass
needs to release the stress of the heat
from my torch.
 
So what am I doing
this beautiful snow covered morning?
I am making hollow birds
At this point [2 days of experimenting]
I have learned a lot
about pulling a bird out of a round
hollow bead.
 
Now you may ask what exactly
is a hollow bead
or more particularly how you make them
and why...why is because you
can get a very large round bead with little glass
and no weight.
 
Pulling out the head and tail
from a hollow bead works only if you
can not 'pop' that hollow bead
because the 'air' inside is important much
like a balloon.
 
So...my book is at about 190
which is on the shorter side of my books
but I will end it today or tonight
before going back into the story and editing
in or out
parts of the story.
 
Life is good when it snows
when you work on something that excites you
and when the coffee is hot!
 
The end of February frozen in time.
 
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment