Wednesday, December 6, 2017

#MeToo



and he whined...
like a puppy left out in the cold:

unfair, unfair my dear
for your thoughts are so bold
not me, never
I believe in equality for sure
it has been my way
you know that I am mature
drop that paint brush
don't swipe such a broad stroke
I could lose my job
and soon I would be broke
be fair I plead
remember that about you I care
protecting you
the weaker sex so very fair.

and she grimaced
sour grapes could hold her face:

I am exposed
to your fragile ego in place
from the sneer
when I put forth my thoughts
to the dismissal
your meaning I certainly caught
more money
misconception of my brain
when fixing my things
I didn't just get off the westbound train
is there a man
someone to who you communicate
those pesky details
just sealed your stupid fate
Everyday
little tiny ways and inappropriately
looks or touching
makes me want to flee.

A woman faces discrimination of their existence
every single day.  From the service men who assume we can't comprehend
or know left from right to the men who believe it is their complete right to take
without consequences.  It surrounds us completely smothering our
souls and demeaning us from birth. 

Hats off to the women stepping forward and to Time Magazine for
giving this issue the light of day.

barb


No comments:

Post a Comment