Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What Is a Writer To Do?


Some writers believe the act of writing to be an art
and in a manner of speaking it is.
Anyone can string together letters, words and sentences
but few can do it with dramatic flair that draws in the reader.
I consider it a peaceful rest from work
which includes cleaning the house and other odd things.

This last weekend I went to Golden, Colorado with my husband
who is a great artist and teacher
It was the first time that I have given a demonstration
on how to make glass flowers.
I consider my glass flowers to be art but like
writing it is because I have spent a lot of years learning
to work on the torch and manipulating molten glass.

When I wasn't working on the torch with the students
I was sitting in the break room with my laptop
working on the new story...
Glass art is magical...books transport you to another world
either way I am happy.


barb


No comments:

Post a Comment