Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Opinions, opinions and opinions



Oh dear lord how do I survive...
The opinions I own have been carefully formed
Crafted from my lofty little brain
Usually after a non-nice debate of the third kind

If I stick out my pink tongue...
I can see them fighting for position
wanting permission to break out
into the world of I got this one opinions

I got this they scream out...
as I close my lips smiling so sweetly
you are going to just let some idiot
some biased big mouth win?

They ganged up on me...
stripping away my ability to not respond
as I knew from past experiences
that they didn't care if they were unkind

An idiot they repeatedly chant
it doesn't matter that he's related
regurgitating all those big busted blonde's say
as though their mouths contained the gospel truth

WTF I bite my tongue
behave yourself or I'll cut you out
throw you into the trash bin
where you'll wilt like last night's oil soaked lettuce

An idiot...an idiot of the nth degree
let us loose, let us save your placid face
what good is life without opinions
we're anxious to set the record straight

You know not having a tongue
took a lot of getting used to
but when I had to cut off my fingers
I may have cut off my nose despite my opinions.

barb


No comments:

Post a Comment