Friday, July 1, 2016

Floating In the Middle



It has been a year of news overload
so many issues bubbling up through the lily pads
poking constantly at my opinions
a gnat in my vision...

A woman with strong feelings on life
the words seem to flow from my fingers unbound
from the singular obvious fact
it reinforces the division...

Purpose of the life I have lived happily
power to the beliefs I place my heart upon
I rock the calm waters of today
winding the clock...

It matters not what I actually feel
changes don't hinge on my blue hued soapbox
the world doesn't end
when I reach the end of the dock...

Floating beyond the setting day
I gather up my beliefs and confessions
I put them safely away
shhh, only I know...

With each word and lofty opinion
hypocrisy awaits in the shadows of reality
taking away my voice
with it I shall go.

barb

No comments:

Post a Comment