Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Holy Editing


Let's separate the writing of a story
first you have the story itself
whether you make an outline or little boxes
to keep track of your characters
and trust me even though I don't do this
trying to remember minor characters while writing
is difficult...
then we have the editing
and proof reading and making sure it flows
 
Editing is the most vital
important part of any book you want to publish
there are a million things that you can
and probably do that are not good for your reading
pleasure
 
I have gone to an add on on my Words
that nit picks my words apart
it slashes and dashes and gives me explanations
on inappropriate grammarly rules
it's pretty cool though the suggestions are not
always right in the context of my story
so it is laborious
but so worth the time.
 
I like programs that are helpful
and in using them my style will meld with
properness and hopefully I will
become a better writer.
 
Life is good and there are no shortcuts
as I run each of my books
through the program...this may take a while
but Yesterday's Gone
has been re-edited and I am on to the next
book.
 
barb


No comments:

Post a Comment