Saturday, June 27, 2015

Equality In The World

Everyone in the world has a spot
where when the toes touch the earth
their vibrations sing
like a choir raising glory of the day
with me it is Washington
I grew up around the world but I was born
and returned to the spot
throughout my life
that singed moth heading
into the light without thought or care
that one spot
where your inner child seeks the energy
that feeds the soul
which is the nursemaid of the body
where the smell of loam
holding the many who roam upon it
over the decades of change and revolution
ghost the night
like a choir
singing upon the bodies long gone
long spent in their desire
for acceptance and equality
as is their birthright, as is their dream
to live beyond
and carry the hopes
forward.
I love to recharge with the spirit
of change.
 
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment