Saturday, June 6, 2015

Changes in the Wind



Dear John...
there are some things in life
that I find are so dramatic that you can't make them up
but I sometimes try...
I decided when I split from my prior
life
and that's what you call 40 years
of anything...
you always do it in a crowded restaurant
where a scene though less likely
but could occur
isn't near as much fun as watching someone's face
try to deal with reality
good, bad or possibly indifferent...
but like always I regress
I ended the forty years of life
fortunately not through the undertaker
six years ago
and while tripping through the days
I finally reached the point
where it was time to change my john hancock
problem is I have my artwork
and my writing under my prior name
which is not my maiden name
but time has come
the stars align with whatever it does
and my name will change
it's a good day
a very good day indeed.
 
barb


No comments:

Post a Comment