Friday, April 24, 2015

Autographed and Dedicated Books



and to think that there are those who think 'cursive' should no longer be taught
because honestly the world has moved to keyboards?
 
I love looking at signatures for they are as unique
as the tips of your fingers
but what most don't realize is that your signature will change
in size and depth with your emotions and feelings
 
but I regress as I must always do
I purchase the softbound copies of my own books
mostly to give away to friends or family or just anyone who asks
and I always autograph them
for one day I may be dead (well not may be certainly)
and the world will decide I was after all a great writer
and there my friends
is the importance of a nicely written autograph
in cursive - with flairs and loops, little telltale signs of originality
and as the man on Antiques Roadshow
will point out to its authentication.
 
 
my Etsy shop is for my glass art
so I have listed 3 of my softbound books - the first in The Visitor series, Yesterday's Gone
and the first in The John Ellery's Daughters series
that will be dedicated and autographed
 
am I sure I will infamous?
why take a chance - why not leave behind something
of your heart and the dark side of your mind?
 
maybe the proof copies that contain all my thoughts and notes
will be worth even more in the world of
collections!
 
barb


No comments:

Post a Comment