Thursday, March 5, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness

in case you haven't realized...
    I am a child of the late sixties...
         my teenage years on Fort Lauderdale Beach...
             back when it was just the coolest place in the world to live...

random acts of kindness....
    there are websites that give you ideas...
          things you can do for others out of the kindness of your heart....
                    hello...random...out of nowhere...no planning whatsoever acts

it is like breaking into sound...
    or counting everything unconsciously...
             I think that's a disorder so I don't put it on medical forms....
                      an 'act of kindness' is like once in a blue moon thing...

there's no rules at all...
      there's no one keeping score...
              it's like seeing a butterfly or maybe a rainbow...
                      I don't know if you can define it because it's a feeling...

tonight we spontaneously...
      went out for a great tasty burger...
           while standing at the counter I saw gift cards...
                    without a second thought I purchased one for my grandson...

spontaneous...
         random....
             just because....
                 act of kindness!

That one is more personal because it can be as simple is helping someone open a door or reaching something for them, buying someone coffee or just smiling...touch someone and they will remember it forever even if it fades from memory.

barb


No comments:

Post a Comment