Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Lost Beyond the Empath's Sight


I can write about love
that tight feeling within your soul
lifting so high
all that is encompassed in its light
love wipes out the dark corners
lifting so high, I note.

Songs of happiness
don't calm me, don't bring me peace
love is something foreign
when the Empath's sight
dims like the day's twilight 
love makes days easy, I sing.

The sadness in my eyes
mirrors the feelings around me
it is my most powerful drug
this sadness encompasses my name
whispering the truth
for it pulls me up not down, I wonder.

Reasoning leaves behind
feelings that should be so unkind
it is where I love to fall
where I find the peace I need
love flees beyond my fingertips
as I rise to sorrow, I sing.

A dance upon the forest floor
I walk with sadness
my destiny never cries or wants
my heart needs to feel
the passion of loss to understand
love is boundless, I twirl.

Tears are filled with rebirth
warm and soft they fall with purpose
blindness is washed away completely
as new growth breaks ground
loneliness comforts
knowing my heart beats in each
sad song, I sing.

barb

2 comments:

  1. Your traits encapsulate you, shielding you from that you would turn away from. There appear to be many challenges here. I am grateful anguish was not acknowledged. That one is a deal breaker.

    The part about twirling is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never experience anguish but I relish turmoil within myself for it puts life back together.

    ReplyDelete