Sunday, January 27, 2019

2019 Off to A Bang




I wasn't finished
life took that last turn way too fast
it lost traction
black ice is something
not acknowledged until it can't be ignored.

My mind filled
thoughts of yesterday, plans for the 'morrow
churning without distraction
cementing choices
brushing away doubts and roadblocks.

Life was finally okay
things seemed to be wanting to go my way
releasing my breath
fingers crossed in hopes
that the sun was finally rising for me.

I wasn't finished
not in a long shot was I done
but it didn't matter
not at all
I lost traction and now here is where I lay.

barb


2 comments:

  1. I am reading this aloud, as I so often do with your poems.
    I nod along, right into the final stanza, then at the close,
    I am shaking my head from side to side, whispering... "No."
    This is far more real that being a character in someone's imaginings.
    This is a critical concept, and executed in total, in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have read my poems long enough to know that they are very off the cuff and sometimes I wonder where they come from and what they are trying to say.

    ReplyDelete