Thursday, March 23, 2017

That Old Bucket List



Music either is part of your life or not
notes and words mingled
singled out in a mixture capturing
the ancient instinct
the metronome calling for clarity.

It is that "bucket list"
another thing in which to stress over
lost is the dreams and thoughts
that fleetingly flutter
then return from whence they came.

You never get to the end
the paper begs the pen
what do you want in the little time
that is on your expiration
what is it you want.

So many dreams are impossible
financially limited
with time never on your side
distance eating away at the belief
that there's always tomorrow.

Most who know my heart
that beats rhythmically
that is marked with a song
that can retrieve a stored memory
heartbreaking or not.

An optimist I believe
life will find the path of rightfulness
but the times of pain
the times in which I promptly lock away
magnified by song.

Memories are for the making
fulfilling the bucket list
should be driven by the heart and soul
carnal needs are part of your journey
clues to your life.

Elton John
was he on my bucket list
did I strive to see him life in concert
the opportunity arose so suddenly
so see him I did.

A memory to tuck away
a pleasure that became so very apparent
as I watched his face
to love your life to love your world
is priceless.

The bucket list
isn't written by our hand or mind
the bucket list exists like a mindful monk
the lesson elusively hidden
an anima.

Open your instincts
become the tiger deep in the reeds
today the hunter of the questionable answers
tomorrow a memory
live life
with the knowledge that
you will soon be a forgotten memory.

barb


ps...Elton John was great.








2 comments:

  1. Somewhere in my past, I put together all of my Elton John vinyl onto cassette tapes. Once I began, I was dedicated. Once completed, I probably spent more time putting this together than I did listening to the set. Along came compact discs, and I was compelled to buy them all again, which was a wise and worthwhile investment.
    My time was a great investment, too, as I reflect now, having been spurred on by you.

    I am glad you enjoyed the concert. Elton is fantastic. So are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His love of his music was obvious but his talent on the piano was breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete