Friday, December 9, 2016

Missing In Plain Sight

 
The real world has captured me and sent out ransom demands but no one is willing to let me back into my safe place of fiction.

Holiday time is one of my favorite and yes I will wish you a very Merry Christmas because I am old and it is something from my childhood.  I do also wish everyone who is taking time to celebrate a happy holiday.  I would wish for Peace on Earth but I will spare you my thoughts on the world today which is anything but heading toward Peace.

The weather is cold and the birds are hungry.  So I wear thick socks and feed the birds.  This year we were vendors at the University of New Mexico Craft and Art Show which caters to the college students and faculty.  A portion of my art was sold to support the Water Protectors at Standing Rock and part to support the art students at the university.  Artists would always support artists except artists are usually struggling to make a living leaving little to use for support.  I did my share by buying all of my Christmas presents at the show.

Saturday and Sunday [Dec 10th and 11th] three books will be free for download.  John Ellery's Daughters, Secret of the Isles and When the War is Over will be free.  Kindle Books by Barbara Svetlick

Today is a torch day since I have new glass rods of pink.  First I must go clean off my work bench.  Life is good when you have warm socks, hot coffee and love being an artist.  May your weekend be wonderful.   Barb

 





No comments:

Post a Comment