Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Thunderstorms....




Click on the link - yes it is safe
 
 
 
I would live in the rain forest
barefoot and among nature's amazing beauty
in bamboo huts
listening quietly to the rain.
 
everyone has a special place
where they go when the world is hectic
fast paced
moving against the day.
 
On my 40th birthday
I traveled home where my soul feels the best
to visit with my oldest girlfriend
reconnected after years of eerie silence
what happened where had I been?
 
Lost and needing
nothing more than to slip back in time
I found myself standing in a store
it was a museum store
or maybe a nature store in the mall.
 
And the sound
that filled every corner and every nerve
was a magnificent thunderstorm
the acoustics were incredible
and I stood speechless and in awe.
 
It rinses all worry
it cleanses the wrinkles in my soul
it takes to me in whispers
as the thunder rises before it rolls
my body, my mind, the nerves along the way
pays homage to the
thunderstorm.
 
That day
the only thing I did
was buy the CD of the thunderstorm
but it washed away
the blues.
 
barb


No comments:

Post a Comment