Sunday, May 3, 2015

Boxing From a Confused Girl

first let's all understand that my interest in sports is probably
non-existent but I have been exposed to it
from my father's love of baseball
to years of championship wrestling that makes one wonder
  
I know only women question the very existence of sports
but hey men don't get shoe shopping
so we're even right?  right!
  
For weeks my wonderful husband has been talking
about the fight as though he had placed a large bet and needed
to watch so he sweetly convinced me
to spend Saturday night at our neighborhood bar and grill
so we could see this fight....
 
first of all, bar stools are rarely comfortable after an hour
and why should they be when after that time you generally fall off
as one man did last night as his stool went backwards
give the man another brew baby!!
 
well the food was great, we sat at a bar table with a trucker
from Montana no less
as the bar started to fill, and fill and fill and holy
sweet mother how many people can you fit in a very large
sports bar?
 
Well we settle in, order a calzone for dinner and it is seven o'clock
let the fights begin...the stool still is tolerable
then as ten o'clock starts to explode in the room the
main fight is ready to begin.
 
You know it was as bad as the Oscars
with 90% of the time taken up on things other than the main fight
my butt was not happy but if you are going to go to a fight
you have to put up with some unpleasantness.
 
I watched the entire fight...I know I know
zip about boxing or even really care about it
but as this amateur girl of non-knowledge and no feeling left in my legs
I thought Manny won...oh how wrong can on girl be?
obviously very wrong since the judges
voted for Floyd across the board by a hair but the winner no less
guess it's a good thing I don't bet on sports!
 
At least with baseball it's easy
to keep score.

Another thing has been checked off my bucket list!
 
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment