Friday, May 18, 2018

Wildflowers



Wildflowers…
Random or are they really
Unexpectedly appearing in the early
Morning dew satisfying their thirst
Surviving when unnoticed
Through droughts and torrential floods
They rise proudly
Unexpectedly
A breath of fresh perspective
The Bain of the
Fanatical gardener in flowered gloves
Pots of perfect soil
Hours of tending and pruning
Sweat equity providing beauty
For afternoon tea
No room for a broke limb
Wilted roses be damned
I stand quietly
Clippers in one hand
Haphazardly my eyes roam
Upon the flowers
Growing wildly in my garden
With the wildflowers
Scattered upon the bare earth
Filling the world
Unexpectedly
Living their life on their terms
Calling sweetly to the bees
They touch my heart
Unexpectedly
Surprises of the sudden tears
My emotions overwhelmed
By the wildness
That overcomes me
A gardener by chance
A romantic in the most unexpected way.

Barb
@May 18, 2018

2 comments:

  1. I have always had an affinity for wild roses. I have two such bushes now. They rarely bloom, and when they do it is so random, and unsightly, they are overlooked... But every so often, I will glance over and see the most incredible rose of a season, and have to stop and admire, from all angles. Peripheral vision will not work here. One must look straight on, even on a chance there might be flaws that only serve to disappoint.

    Even with the wildest of wildflowers, some manner of investment must be made, in order to reap a benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only investment is in the mind of the wanderer for life is truly filled with wonder.

    ReplyDelete