Wednesday, June 28, 2017

It's Just Depression





Sometimes I wander
late into the darkness of my life
pushing aside that niggle voice
considered my better side.

For there in the dark
beats the heart of misery
I can hear the blood pulse rhythmically
a siren upon the crashing waves.

A struggle on cat paws
I push away from my strength
letting go with abandonment
as it pulls me further under into its bosom.

I don't resist
for my experience, my history
based on denial in the whispers of the night
are sordidly in vain.

A short ride in the dark
I let go embracing wave after wave
of self-depreciation
knowing I shall return once I am through.

Once I know
that nothing lasts and nothing is bad
it is just me refocusing
shedding all that makes me sad.

barb




2 comments:

  1. I think, having a handle on this, gives you a leg up, but I cannot know that for sure, based on personal experience... But, I fear it is coming my way, and if so, I hope I can handle it, in some measure, as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel it coming and it is usually when I feel like I am unproductive or just existing. Right now I am both as my arm heals but being injured sucks bigtime.

    ReplyDelete