Wednesday, February 24, 2016

LOST


I don't really get lost as much as parts of my life seem to dominate
my days and soon I realize that I am neglecting
posting things.  I have cut way back on posting on Facebook
because the politics are driving me crazy and that
is all I see anymore though it is more interesting then the latest
cat picture.
Yes I love cats and have always owned one or three
except at the moment when I am without
a pet of any kind or color...
but I do so regress in my thoughts this morning.


As a glass artist, I have started to work with boro glass
for those who don't work with glass - boro is boroscilica glass
that is just harder...harder to melt.
It is harder to make details because until soft glass
I don't have a million colors of enamels or powdered glass
to use on my flowers but I love the ability to
create a flower.   Every time I am at the torch I learn a new method
to make a flower petal.


Yesterday I attempted two boro glass pendants
they both came out really well and hopefully I can make
enough to put in my Etsy shop.



Of course, glass has not taken up much of my greymatter
We have been to Florida for a week to celebrate
my mother's birthday then went to Las Vegas
to a bazaar show of artists who make glass pipes and other things
Good artists - crazy young kids who made me
feel old.
After returning we had to have the sewer and water lines
replaced from the house to the street and
retire the workhorse van for a newer SUV that hopefully
will get us through the next ten years or more.
In between all those personal things, I have been working on my next
romance story.

Life has been crazy but good.

barb

No comments:

Post a Comment