Saturday, November 28, 2015

Suck It Up Buttercup!

 
Oh hells bells but I can only go so long before my snarkiness
just bleeds through the friggin front of my brain.
It took a long time and a lot of bumps in the middle of the night
before I became aware that I didn't have to do anything
I didn't want to do...
 
The most powerful two letter word
probably one of the first words I learned as a child
before it was beat out of me as the worst two letter word
that I could ever even remotely consider saying
is NO...no...no...no!
 
I owe no one nothing because I have always
stubbornly been free of other's guilt ridden stories
fantasies that are weaved so richly in the bullshit artist
whose tentacles are always on a search for the meek and mild
but I learned.
 
Guilt is not allowed...excuses hold no water
nothing in life can't be fixed, thrown away or ignored
there is no good or bad
there's just days when you don't want to deal with it
and days you say
Suck it Up Buttercup!
 
Always have a wry sense of humor...that's what makes
or breaks your day...so just suck it up!
 
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment