Sunday, September 13, 2015

One Month Out!

Now...now is when I start making lists
and when the craziness of one side of my brain
steps up to the plate
the bases are definitely loaded
the crowds are on their feet...
 
Oh right...I am blogging about traveling
not my favorite sport
but I am not well know for staying on point
which is why I must now
state a list of things I can fit into a
21x13x9
carry on suitcase.
 
Crazy, I know
I can take 2 fifty pound suitcases
and I actually had the zipper fixed on my
favorite suitcase
but Lewis kept talking about
carry on only...easier he said
We CAN do this he said.
 
And you know what...
I think we can
I know Paris - the city of love and lights
where we will be reenacting every
great movie that used the background of Paris
whether for love or espionage
We are doing Paris.
 
So...there comes the list
then the fine art of packing a week
into a small little suitcase
and a backpack.
I will be downloading good books
for the long journey to final destination.
 
List:
Be amazed at the whole of life
Enjoy every moment
Laugh at the problems that will solve themselves
Converse with strangers
Eat as small cafes
Absorb the beauty of the art
Spend a day in the park
Smile because your apartment was a palace
Bring home chocolate
Buy something that makes you smile
Take off the restrictions
Fall in love
with everything, everyone and the man next to you
Life is beautiful.
 
barb

No comments:

Post a Comment